New York, Monday July 9th – MTV today announced a slate of brand new music series and specials launching across its international platforms this season that will give viewers unparalleled access to today’s hottest artists. From captivating new docu-series, to new World Stage concerts shot in several international cities, to a documentary on the hugely popular EDM festival Tomorrowland, MTV is the ultimate destination for music fans all summer long.
Sneak Peek to premiere in June; series to launch in August
- MTV’s newest docu-series “The Ride” will reveal the most game-changing moments that “made” the artist &mdash and transformed their lives – culminating in the #1 most important moment that changed everything. The sneak peek of “The Ride” will feature GRAMMY-winning duo Macklemore & Ryan Lewis and give fans a fresh, exhilarating experience with the guys that can’t be found anywhere else. There’s nothing more powerful than an artist speaking their truth.
- “Macklemore & Ryan Lewis: The Ride”is produced for MTV by Storyville Entertainment; executive producers are Betsy Schecter and Caroline Christopher (for Storyville Entertainment) and Bruce Gillmer and Elyse Zaccaro (for MTV). The 10-episode series will launch in late August and feature some of music’s biggest stars.
NINE DAYS AND NIGHTS
Premieres this week
- “Nine Days and Nights of Ed Sheeran” premiering is an illuminating portrait of the chart-topping British singer-songwriter at a critical juncture in his life, filled with the energy of a career that he hopes is largely ahead of him. Fans will see Sheeran in the studio, back in his hometown in England and performing his new music publicly for the first time, all in advance of the June 23rd worldwide release of “x.”
- Radical Media is the production company for “Nine Days and Nights of Ed Sheeran.” Dave Sirulnick, Jonathan Mussman and Joanna Bomberg serve as Executive Producers for MTV. Justin Wilkes and Jon Doran are Executive Producers for Radical, Lindsey Panell is Producer and Mike Bonfiglio is the Director. “Nine Days and Nights of Ed Sheeran” is a production of MTV News and Docs.
MTV WORLD STAGE
- July 4th – Afrojack and Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
- July 11th – The Killers
- July 18th – Isle of MTV in Malta
- July 25th – Rock Am Ring
- August 1st – Wireless
- August 8th - Video Music Awards Japan (VMAJs) and Rock Am Ring Special
- August 15th – MTV Africa Music Awards (MAMAs)
- August 22nd– Tomorrowland Part I
- August 29th – Tomorrowland Part II
- MTV World Stage is a global series that bring multi-genre talents with global relevance, telecast to an audience in more than half a billion households. Recorded ‘live’ at the most exclusive gigs, world renowned music festivals and unique concert locations from around the world, the series is the front row seat for music lovers to experience the biggest artists on the globe without leaving the comfort of their sofas.
- This year’s line-up of World Stage shows will feature international superstars performing on some of the world’s most exciting stages, including: DJ Hardwell, Dizzee Rascal and Kiesza at Isle of MTV in Malta; Coldplay at the VMAJs; and French Montana, Miguel and Trey Songz at the MAMAs. In addition, MTV will air original content incorporating live event and documentary footage from the Tomorrowland 2014 Festivalas part of its MTV World Stage franchise. This partnership marks the first time in Tomorrowland’s history that the hugely popular festival will be televised.
TOMORROWLAND: Ten Years of Unity, Love, Madness and Magic (working title)
Premiere Date: August 29th
In addition to the World Stage broadcast of Tomorrowland, MTV will also air the documentary “TOMORROWLAND: Ten Years of Unity, Love, Madness and Magic,” celebrating Tomorrowland’s 10-year history as one of the world’s most popular and successful festivals. Tomorrowland, which won its third ‘Best Music Festival’ Award at the IDMA in Miami earlier this year, is the world’s leading electronic dance music festival, celebrating its 10th anniversary this summer. The Belgian festival sold its 360,000 tickets available for the 2014 edition in less than one hour to guests from over 190 countries.
- “TOMORROWLAND: Ten Years of Unity, Love, Madness and Magic” (wt) is produced for MTV by Creature Films; executive producers are Mark Ford and Kevin Lopez (for Creature Films); Bruce Gillmer and Elyse Zaccaro (for MTV); and the Tomorrowland team.
– ENDS –
MTV is the world’s premier youth entertainment brand.With a global reach of more than a half-billion households, MTV is the cultural home of the millennial generation, music fans and artists, and a pioneer in creating innovative programming for young people. MTV reflects and creates pop culture with its award-winning content built around compelling storytelling, music discovery and activism across TV, online and mobile. Outside of the United States, MTV is part of Viacom International Media Networks, a division of Viacom Inc. (NASDAQ: VIAB, VIA), one of the world’s leading creators of programming and content across all media platforms.