MTV Voices and MTV Act are the official livestream partners for TEDxTeen 2014
Livestream all the TEDxTeen 2014 action at mtvvoices.com/tedxteen on Saturday 1 March from 10:30am EST
27 FEBRUARY 2014, NEW YORK
SummaryMTV Voices, MTV’s international social responsibility platform dedicated to empowering young people around the world, is proud to be the official international livestream partner for TEDxTeen 2014, taking place on Saturday, March 1, 2014 at Scholastic’s global world headquarters in New York City. Featuring talks from the most exciting and inspiring young people from across the globe, TEDxTeen will stream live around the world from 10:30am to 5:45pm EST on MTV Voices at mtvvoices.com/tedxteen, TEDxTeen.com and MTV Act (act.mtv.com) in the U.S.
New York, NY (February 27, 2014)– MTVVoices, MTV’s international social responsibility platform dedicated to empowering young people around the world, is proud to be the official international livestream partner forTEDxTeen 2014, taking place on Saturday, March 1, 2014 at Scholastic’s global world headquarters in New York City. Featuring talks from the most exciting and inspiring young people from across the globe, TEDxTeen will stream live around the world from 10:30am to 5:45pm EST on MTV Voices at mtvvoices.com/tedxteen, TEDxTeen.com and MTV Act (act.mtv.com) in the U.S.
TEDxTeen focuses the conversation on teens and their power to change the world. The theme of the fifth annual TEDxTeen conference, “The Crazy Ones”, is about those who follow their hearts, the ones who dare to believe dreams are real, the ones who make the impossible, possible.They go where no one has gone before – not without fear but despite fear.
TEDxTeen 2014 will be co-hosted by:
- Nile Rodgers, multiple Grammy Award winning musician, producer, co-founder of the band CHIC and founder and chairman of the We Are Family Foundation;
- Critically acclaimed rapper/producer Q-Tip;
- Monique Coleman, star of “High School Musical”, will join in to host the online global audience live on TEDxTeen.com.
TEDxTeen 2014 will feature speakers and performers including:
- Wu-Tang Clan’s own GZA, who co-created Science Genius, a pilot program that uses the hip hop culture to teach science;
- Sana Amanat, co-creator of Marvel Comics’ Muslim superhero, Kamala Kahn;
- Marah Zahalka, the fastest female driver in the Middle East;
- Tim Doner, a teen prodigy who has the gift of speaking more than 23 foreign languages;
- Kajmere Houchins, three time cancer survivor, activist for social justice and champion for anti-bullying policies in schools;
- The Bumbys, anonymous performance artists;
- Alex Klein, co-founder of KANO, a computer you make yourself;
- Ryan Orbuch, designer of the “Finish” app and winner of the 2013 Apple Design Award;
- Marian Bechtel, created an acoustic detection device for landmines;
- Mark Van der Heijden, “The Backpacker Intern”;
- Victoria Rogers, the power of funding “crazy” ideas thru kickstarter;
- William LeGate, an American entrepreneur and computer scientist;
- Unlocking The Truth, one of the most watched up and coming metal bands;
- world-renowned dancer Charles “Lil Buck” Riley
- …and a few special surprise guests!
About MTV Voices
MTV Voices is MTV’s international online and on-air social responsibility platform dedicated to empowering and inspiring young people. An authentic portrayal of what’s happening around the world, and the people making it happen, MTV Voices features creative, first person accounts from MTV’s international audience and A-list talent on the topics and issues most important to them. Encouraging and amplifying authentic personal views and opinions, MTV Voices promotes understanding of the world’s cultures and sub-cultures, provoking reaction, inspiring change and igniting ambition. MTV Voices: the real lives of MTV’s audience, in their own words.
MTV Voices is part of Viacom International Media Networks, a division of Viacom Inc. (NASDAQ: VIAB, VIA), one of the world’s leading creators of programming and content across all media platforms.
About TEDx, x = independently organized event
In the spirit of ideas worth spreading, TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience.At a TEDx event, TEDTalks video and live speakers combine to spark deep discussion and connection in a small group.These local, self-organized events are branded TEDx, where x = independently organized TED event.The TED Conference provides general guidance for the TEDx program, but individual TEDx events are self-organized. (Subject to certain rules and regulations).
About Viacom International Media Networks
Viacom International Media Networks(VIMN), a unit of Viacom Inc. (NASDAQ: VIAB, VIA), is comprised of many of the world’s most popular multimedia entertainment brands, including MTV, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount Channel, Channel 5 in the UK, VH1, VIVA, COLORS, Spike, Game One and Tr3s: MTV, Música y Más. Viacom’s brands reach more than 3.2 billion cumulative subscribers in 170+ countries and territories via more than 200 locally programmed and operated TV channels and more than 550 digital media and mobile TV properties, in 40 languages. Keep up with VIMN news by visiting the VIMN PR Twitter feed at www.twitter.com/VIMN_PR. For more information about Viacom and its businesses, visit www.viacom.com, blog.viacom.com and the Viacom Twitter feed at www.twitter.com/Viacom